Tuesday, July 7, 2009

R.I.P. Michael Jackson


Most of that ceremony tore me to pieces. I don't ever usually cry over anything Al Sharpton says, however when he said "To Michael's Children: There wasn't anything strange about your daddy. What was strange was what he had to deal with" it really made me ball.

I cried because I can't imagine the pain he had suffered. A lot of people said he was messed up in the head. I believe he was a misguided soul with good intensions and a good heart. He had pain from his childhood, that haunted him his whole life. Though his career was successful and amazing, it robbed him of his childhood, and often caused him as an adult to regress back to a child-like state.

Beyond the musical talents that he posessed, he always cared about other people. You could hear it in his songs, you could see it in his charity towards others, and you could understand it through his person, even if you didn't know him up close.

The memorial today was very tasteful as well as beautiful. I broke down when Paris Jackson, his only daughter spoke but a few words, breaking down and crying, because I know she loved her father, much like I loved mine. Those of you that have never had a parent die on you, it feels like a hole has been ripped out of you. A chunk of you is missing, and will never be recovered, until the day when you will meet again. It feels like a piece of you had died as well. I understand her pain, and I really wish she had not had to go through that pain so early in life.

Rest in Peace, Michael Joseph Jackson, King of Pop, Greatest Entertainer of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment