Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Dating Profile

I don't normally write two blog posts in one day, or even in one week..but I have decided that I might gut my OkCupid profile completely and start over. Before I do that, I wanted to make sure I had a back up, for your enjoyment, Here it is.

My Self-Summary
Unlike most in their mid twenties, I have a good grasp on my emotions, my wants/desires, and my fears about life. I know where I'm going, as well as where I've been, and I never like to make the same mistake twice. I'm confident in knowing what I want to do with my life, but I still wonder how exactly my plans will all pan out. In the past year or two I have had to especially learn the lesson that my plans may not always become what I think of them in the beginning, and I must learn to adjust to every major change in life. A wise person once told me that, "Life is what happens while you're busy making plans". I definitely think that's one of the hardest realizations I have struggled with in my adult life.

I can be girly from time to time, but I tend to be most comfortable as the fun tomboy. I believe I am passed that extreme party stage in my life, though I can be known to be the life of one from time to time. I'm a natural socialite, carry myself well at get-togethers and do expect the person I end up meeting to be able to handle himself in a similar situation. I am a natural flirt with just about any guy I am friends with, but the one I'll be interested in will make me shy enough not to flirt at all. Also, it takes a little creativity in the romance department to be with me. I don't expect fancy dinners or flowers, but those aren't the only ways to be romantic. Romance is about being thoughtful. Show that you put THOUGHT and a good effort into the situation, and it will go a long way. I promise.

I am Intelligent, Independent, and Witty
What I’m doing with my life
I am studying Public Policy Administration (emphasis in Local Government Administration) at University of Missouri St. Louis and will be graduating with my Master's in December of this year. Between switching fields, unemployment, and the economy in general, the last few years have been not the easiest for me, but I have fought through, and with help from some wonderful people in my life, I have prevailed above some difficult burdens, shadows, and obstacles. My last obstacle is really, myself. I try to stay focussed and positive, but it's not always easy. The economy hit me hard, and it looks like 2010 will be the year I will pick myself up again.

Eventually, I would like to obtain certifications in Geographical Information Systems, A+, Net+, and maybe even MCSE Security, of course this is years down the road.
I’m really good at
Drawing. I could draw my way out of a paper box, and then draw the box. Wait, I guess I'd have to draw the box first... Truth and be told, art was my first passion in life. I have been drawing since I learned to pick up a pencil. I used to draw all over my dad's legal pads as a kid (that frustrated the hell out of him!). I have a degree in art (B.A. - emphasis in graphic design), however after four years of a bootcamp style art program (break your spirits and then build you back up), I decided to keep my love for art strictly in the passionate hobby category rather than a career focus.

Music. I have been playing musical instruments since I was 8 years old. Piccolo, Flute, & Baritone are my instruments of choice. I would love to learn guitar one day, mainly because I have sets of lyrics that I wrote a LONG time ago that I would like to write music to.

Computers/Technology. One thing I find I am inclined in is technology. I thrive to learn and grow with it. I've built computers for friends, family, and my giant baby of a computer that I'm using to type this. As well, I have worked in the IT industry off and on for the last 6 years with doing a little consultant work in-between jobs.

Politics. I am a good public speaker, public servant, and negotiator. I am passionate about debating on real issues (not just the ones you hear on the daily show), and have channeled that passion of politics towards a rewarding career in public service. I am great with explaining things in a way where others will sit and listen, understand, and may even compromise a progressive result.

Writing. Poetry & Lyrics mostly. I have four books full of 'em. I tend to write less when I'm happy, though it does happen on occasion. It's more of a release, or a therapy for me than it is a passion or art form. I've used writing to get through some of the hardest times in my life.

Companionship. I have been the best of friends to many, and the lover of a few, and I really feel that the most important thing in life is for people to truly understand one another. Any decision made in life, with communication and a clear understanding of both sides can be simplified and transformed into a situation that though may not be ideal, could certainly be at the very least tolerated, maybe even enjoyed. Beyond that, it's just cake.
The first things people usually notice about me
My exceptionally strong presence. I have this ability to be very forward, yet very modest at the same time. I'm very tactful yet honest. They notice that I'm a funny character, but I don't point at others as a means for amusement. I'm true to my word even when I don't want to be (if I say I'll be there, I'll be there, even if I'm late...which I usually am). I think everyone deserves to be loved, therefore, I love...everyone.
My favorite books, movies, music, and food
Books: Anything by Ken Follett (Esp. Jack Dawes),beyond that, I love biographies. I have read Bill Clinton's "My Life", "Official Book Club Selection" by Kathy Griffin, as well as a plethora of others. As well, I do like politically oriented books, however I tend to read less of those now a days because text books get in the way so much.

Movies: Spaceballs, Office Space, When Harry Met Sally, The Princess Bride, Men In Tights, The Boondock Saints, Slumdog Millionaire, An Education, etc. My list is huge

Television Shows: Lost, Human Target, Bones, 24, How I Met Your Mother, V, Flash Forward, Gray's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, Futurama, Simpsons, Brothers & Sisters, Fringe,Castle, The Mentalist, The Daily Show, and I could use a littleCSPAN or BBC as well.

Music: I like everything from pop to country, to hiphop tojazz, classical to alternative rock, and every which way between. The only music I can't stand is bluegrass.

Food: Chinese or Mexican.
The six things I could never do without
In no particular order...

My family - because they are my rock.

My closest of friends - because they see me the way I am, and accept me for who I try to be everyday. They're the best friends I could ever ask for.

My mind - because I've worked too hard for the education I've gotten, and I'm addicted to gaining more knowledge as my life progresses.

My hands - because everything I love to do the most requires them e.g. video games, playing my instruments, drawing, writing poetry, building computers, driving manual transmission cars, etc.

My heart - because I am a romantic, a hopeless, loving romantic. As well, I tend to care for everyone who is in my life for any reason at all. I care for people, because they are there, because they are living their life, doing the VERY best they can. I truly believe that everyone deserves to be loved like this.

My computer - I don't really NEED this... but if I have to pick a sixth thing, I'm going into actual "things" and my computer would be the first personal item I would save. I built her myself. She's my baby, and I swear she has a personality.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
(1.) My purpose in life, how I will obtain my goals, my dreams, and my wishes of this life. I spend a tremendous amount of time thinking of how I will grasp the next chapter of my life when I graduate in December, and how I will break my way into local government. I do a lot of planning mentally towards my career, and my aspirations, which I think is definitely needed, but at the same time...too much planning can always lead to unexpected results that can throw me off.

(2.) When I am not thinking about my career, I spend time thinking of the person I want to be with, the life I want to have with them, and wondering who the heck that person is... The truth is, it doesn't take me long to (a.) See the good in people and (b.) Fall in love with that good that I see. I am a hopeless romantic, and though I truly feel that I have loved every person at the time I was with them, the emotion of true love has only come around once in my life, if not twice.

I am not sure if I am just picky in a matter of who I want, or if what I want is just hard to find...or both. I often wonder if I should change my ideas of love and romanticism to fit a more realistic perspective, but every time I think about that it makes me cringe. I feel as if my expectations are not unreasonable.

I'm almost certain that if I have met this person, I'm pretty much clueless he exists to me in that way... or maybe I just haven't met him. It's more about a timing issue than anything, which I believe is the hardest part about dating, and searching for that one person to be with forever.

(3.) I think about where I will be five years from now, because the past five have been a roller coaster I could never expected to have ridden. I am a completely different person than I was at 20, and I believe the same will happen when I'm 30. It's funny, because 10 years is really not that long of a time period when you're comparing it to the course of one's life, but it sure does make a huge difference.

(4.) I think also, a lot, about my father. Who even though has passed... still lives on in me, and every one of my siblings. There is not a day that goes by, that I don't miss him.
On a typical Friday night I am
Working or doing homework are the most common practices, however if I have less to do that week (or I feel like procrastinating a day or two), I may be out with friends, playing a video game, or cuddling with myself in front of a tv watching a good movie.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I'm independent and tough, but I'm sensitive. I have a wall, a thick wall, because I've been hurt too many times, and has made my heart fragile. In the past, some (though not all) have taken my toughness for granted and thought I wouldn't be as sensitive as I am. There's a distinct difference between sensitivity and weakness.
I’m looking for
  • Guys who like girls
  • Ages 23-35
  • Near me
  • Who are single
  • For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating, long-distance penpals
You should message me if
You would want to find a future with a woman who wants kids, but realize that now is not the right time.

If you understand the need for a political interest in order to protect even the most minuscule of freedoms.

If you have the ability to set any jealous thoughts or insecurities aside, to let your female counterpart be independent, yet miss them enough to do nice things for them.

If you enjoy intelligent conversations and not just partying all the time (but still have a carefree ability to party sometimes).

If you are smart, independent, hireable (meaning you have qualities that will allow you to get a job if you should need one), mature, and if you do not have any major baggage (e.g. JUST got divorced, are still married and getting a divorce, etc.).

As well, you must be honest, and forthcoming with your thoughts, fears, opinions, ideas, and basically anything. I tell everything like it is, and in return I would rather hear the honest truth, whatever that may entail. I'm a big girl, I can handle it.
---------------------------------------------

I will add one more bit in order for you all to know a little more clearly what I am looking for:

I'm a very driven, multifaceted individual. I am into getting started with my life, and I won't pause for anyone. It'd be nice to find someone who can both keep up with me, yet not stand in my way. Someone who is driven, yet can show me to live a little, and maybe relax. Someone who can motivate me to be a better person, yet someone I can teach a few things about life to. And last but not least, I want someone I can have an intelligent conversation with. Preferably someone with a decent vocabulary, and a good grasp on politics. I don't care WHAT your opinion is, just that you have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment